Friday, July 30, 2010

Chapter One Draft Two complete!

I've finished my second draft of Chapter One. Yay! This chapter might still be the weakest of all, even after getting a revision, but at least I've started the process of bringing it up to the level of the rest of the book.
As the writer, it's very hard to know if the chapter is compelling or if it "works". I have no perspective on the matter. Of course I find it interesting (if I didn't, I'd know I was in serious trouble), but it's impossible for me to know what a general audience would think of it. Thus, I am looking for people to read these second drafts as they become available so I can get some feedback.
You don't have to have any experience to be a test-reader, just a sense of adventure. No commitment is necessary; if you decide you hate it after the first 3 paragraphs, please just let me know what you thought and feel free to stop reading.
I am also looking for someone with editing experience to help me out; I'd be happy to barter design or dance services (classes or performance) for some quality editing.
Let me know if you are interested! Send me an email at skbeaman (at) gmail (dot) com-- if you just leave a comment, it will not let me know how to get in touch with you. I am willing to provide hard copies to anyone living in the Triangle; otherwise I can send whatever electronic format works best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment