Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Accomplishments

2011 was kind of awesome. Despite my neuroses and crippling attention deficit disorder I managed to get some good work in. Let's take a look.

  • I finished Redlisted!!!!!!!!11 After going through a months-long period where I couldn't stand to even look at the manuscript, around September I suddenly got the inspiration and the urge to write the last draft, which I actually like and can show to people without cringing or wanting to hide in a hole. I am so happy that I got past the stage of wanting to disown it slash erase all traces of its existence.
  • I produced a show, Doomsday Cabaret, all by myself and it didn't suck. In fact, I've heard people liked it.
  • I taught a workshop at a regional festival for the first time!
  • I got a new part time job and have managed to hold on to it despite sucking at it really, really badly. I am being serious. I am terrible at this stupid job, but I am proud of myself for sticking it out and trying my best.
  • I wrote a short story! NO! TWO SHORT STORIES! Oh wow!
  • I performed outside the US for the first time!
  • I got accepted to perform at TribalCon 2012. I was scared to even apply, so this was kind of a big deal for me.
  • I started writing a novel I am pretty much in love with.
  • I made myself start going to a writers group despite my severe anxiety at the outset. It was totally worth it.
  • I forced myself to start submitting Redlisted to agents, again, despite my fear of everything and my constant feelings of dread when it comes to anything related to the writing industry.
  • I made some awesome costumes! Best costumes yet!
  • I feel like my performances came a long way. I am satisfied watching my videos in a way I haven't been in the past.

YES! HIGH FIVES TO ME.
I would really like to hear what YOU did this year that you are proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment